Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Assignment 3

After Effects Fun!



Assignment 3 from Wynona Becker on Vimeo.

For this assignment I put together a bird's eye view shot of a kids room. There is a plane flying from the ceiling fan and a car race on the floor.


I started by bringing in still pictures in to photoshop:
A bed - I looked for a more kid-like bed but I was limited since I needed it to be viewed from straight above

A bed - I looked for a more kid-like bed but I was limited since I needed it to be viewed from straight above

Toy plane

Fan

Toy race Track

Toy cars


Carpet


I used masks (on all but the carpet) to cut out the objects from their original pictures then copy/pasted them to their own layers. The carpet I used the clone stamp to enlarge over the entire area. Then I resized and arranged the images on to the spread and then edited them to look a little more natural. I used the burn tool to make the bed look more 3D. I blurred everything on the floor to give it a feel of being at a greater distance than the fan.


Then I brought all of the layers in to After Effects.
First, I set the rotation for the fan. (After setting the anchor point of course) I set the fan as a parent to the rope and the rope a parent to the plane and the plane a parent to its shadow. I added a motion blur to all of these except to the plane because I felt the blur made it to hard to identify. The shadow still has a blur on it. It's also scaled up a few sizes and has a lowered opacity.


The little race cars are each following a motion sketch. They both have motion blurs applied to them. They are magic cars that race on their own! This kid has cool toys.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how much I like this. So many little moving bits. I wish the video quality were better. You need to use vimeo or something besides the built-in blogger video compressor.
    Thanks for another great walk through of your process as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took me a second to know where i was and what i was seeing. loved it. you have so many pieces in motion, it's great.

    ReplyDelete