Sunday, February 1, 2009

Photoshop Assignment



I started with a Halloween picture of myself as a vampire.  I went through and touched up blemishes and other weird spots with the healing brush.  Then I went through using the Dodge tool on the face area and Burn tool on my hair, lips, eyeliner and background.  I really wanted that pale blown out to give it a vampire feel.  I blurred out the background as well as the edges of the photo.  After that I sharpened the eyes only to make them pop more.  The black eyeliner wasn't quite the way I liked it so I used the blur tool to make it smoother around the eyes.  Then I created a mask layer isolating the eyes and saturated the picture to make it black and white with only the eyes in color.  Next came the background.  I found a picture of a castle wall on google and used it as the background.  I used the selection tool to grab as much of the face and hair as I could then applied it to a new layer.  Then I put the castle picture on to its own layer.  I lowered the exposure on the picture then burned the right edge of it.  I went through and blurred the whole picture to make it look more in the background and to blend it with my hair.  I had to smudge around the hair to make it look more natural.  

Before:


Before Mask:

Before matte:


Final:




4 comments:

  1. wow! Thanks for telling me the process, first of all. This is really above and beyond, and check out your wicked photo! Did you try using the dodge tool? I sometimes set it to highlight with a soft edge and hit the lips..could also work on your hair to give it some shine, but take it easy as it gets sort of anime looking very quickly. This is really outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. god, that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete